Things to do
Apart from white water rafting, canoeing, fly fishing, bird watching, hiking, music festivals, Valle Fair, woolly worm festival, Land of Oz, you can enjoy
-Mast General Store – A visit is a must
-Valle Crucis Community Park
-Alta Vista – Art Gallery
-In Daniel Boone Park, the Hickory Ridge Living History Museum re-creates 1700s homestead life.
- “Horn in the West” evokes the struggles of pioneers like Boone.
-The Blue Ridge Parkway winds past town, offering mountain views.
- Mystery Hill Amusement area with museums & oddities
- Appalachian Ski Mtn. - Ski slopes for beginners to advanced
- High Gravity Adventures Zip Line & Aerial Park Family obstacle course & zip-line spot
- Turchin Center For the Visual Arts - University visual-arts gallery
- Turtle Island Preserve - Working farm for planned nature retreats
- Seasonal Fun 'n' Wheels - Go-kart track & mini amusement park
Downton Boone with tons of shops and restaurants.
- Grandfather Mountain features a high suspension footbridge, a nature museum, and State park
- Grandfather Winery
-Banner Elk Winery
-Hawksnest zipline and snow tubing
- Sugar Mountain ski resort
-Beech Mountain ski resort
-Linville gorge – Wilderness area
-Off the Grid Mountain Adventures – UTV Tours
-Apple Hill Farm
-Sugar Creek gem mine
Many excellent restaurants
-Tweetsie Railroad Family-oriented Park with train rides, an amusement park, chair lift, petting zoo & live shows.
- Flat Top Manor - Craft center in a stately mansion
- Bass Lake Trail - Wooded trail surrounding a small lake
- Moses H. Cone Memorial Park - Preserved house & craft shop plus trails
- Blowing Rock Museum
- Julian Price Park
-The Blowing Rock
Quaint village and stores, many wonderful restaurants